Apply for an internship.We're always looking to hire talented students!
Call for Interns
IT Services is building a pool of interns who can contribute to projects. The projects will create prototypes for new ideas in mobile development, web technology, cognitive computing, and more.
You’ll get opportunities to do the following:
- Work with clients as a development professional.
- Get mentorship from senior developers.
- Expand your portfolio with a challenging, collaborative project.
- Grow your skills as a developer in personal-use technologies.
This is a paid internship at an competitive hourly rate, to be determined based on your experience. You’ll be working 10 hours a week; the number of weeks will depend on the project.
Am I qualified?
You should be a student of The University of Chicago (at any level), eligible to work ten hours a week for up to ten weeks. The skills and experience we’ll look for depend on the project.
Here are some guidelines:
- iOS developers should ideally have an app in the App Store, or be taking a class in iOS development.
- Android developers should ideally have an app in Google Play, or be taking a class in Android development.
- Cognitive-computing developers should be familiar with cognitive technologies such as IBM Watson.
Skills valuable to any project include the following:
- Ability to communicate under the supervision of a mentor with clients and coworkers.
- Familiarity with the use of Web APIs.
- Experience or classwork in databases (SQL or NoSQL).
- Grasp of the issues in asynchronous communication.
We will seriously consider any developer with exposure to the technologies that a project demands and who demonstrates a strong and sincere desire to learn.
Fill out the application below, and we’ll get in touch with you for an interview to learn more about your skills and interests. When a project comes in that fits your talents, we’ll call you to work out a schedule.